Starfish - Year 4
Welcome to Starfish Class
Meet the Teacher
A Few Notes on Life in Year 4
Miss Pignon is the class teacher in Starfish class. Miss Whincop, Mrs Graham and Mrs Langbridge are Teaching Assistants in Year 4. Mrs Hall is the other Year 4 teacher in Jellyfish class.
On a Wednesday morning, Mrs Hart joins the team to cover teacher planning time.
You can contact us via the school office or our class email.
Please be aware, this email address will only be attended to during office hours, Monday-Friday.
- Your child needs to bring his/her reading book and Reading Record to school every day.
- Children in Year 4 are expected to get into a daily reading habit of at least 5-10 minutes.
- Please make time to hear your child read and read to them too. Talk to them about what they are reading to check their understanding of vocabulary and overall meaning.
- Children should maintain their own Reading Record, keeping it up to date.
- In school, your child will read individually and also as a regular activity during English, using a range of texts and genres.
- Homework will be set weekly on a Wednesday, to be handed in the following Wednesday.
- Homework will consist of spellings and times tables to learn, as well as reading regularly.
- Homework will also sometimes include mini projects.
Our PE this term will be on a Tuesday.
- Please come to school dressed in your outside PE kit.
- Green shorts, a white T shirt, socks and trainers.
- As the weather gets colder, children can wear navy, grey or black tracksuit bottoms and jumper.
- Children in year 4 are allowed to bring a snack to school each day to eat at playtime.
- At St Margaret's we encourage our pupils to make healthy choices, snacks are part of this learning. They can be fruit or vegetables, but not items such as yoghurts, sandwiches, cheese.
- Each day, children should bring their snack to the classroom so they have access to it during wet playtimes.
- All stationary equipment is provided by the school therefore your child will not need to bring a pencil case into school.
- Please make sure that all items of clothing are clearly named.
- Water Bottles need to have a sports cap and are stored in the classroom; the children have access to them at any time. Please make sure they are clearly named.
- Please make sure that your child brings a coat to school as we head into winter.
We are very much looking forward to teaching your child this year. We hope it will be one of achievement and enjoyment.