Jellyfish - Year 4
Welcome to Year 4
A Few Notes on Life in Year 4
Mrs Elliott-Duff and Mrs Salter are the class teacher’s in Jellyfish class. Miss Mullane is our Teaching Assistant.
You can contact us via the school office or our class email - PLEASE SEE MS TEAMS FOR THE EMAIL ADDRESS.
Please be aware, this email address will only be attended to during office hours, Monday-Friday.
- PE day is Tuesday
- Children should wear their PE kit to school and all day on a Tuesday.
- Your child needs to bring his/her reading book and Reading Record to school every day.
- Children in Year 4 are expected to get into a daily reading habit of at least 5-10 minutes independent reading.
- Please make time to hear your child too - perhaps about once a week. Talk to them about what they are reading to check their understanding of vocabulary and overall meaning.
- Children should maintain their own Reading Record, keeping it up to date.
- We also have a class account for Oxford Owl ebooks, which children can access at home:
www.oxfordowl.co.uk Click on ‘My Class Login’ (top right hand corner)
PLEASE FIND THE PASSWORD ON THE LETTER ON MS TEAMS
- Oxford Owl reading should also be recorded in their Reading Record.
- We will be running a Reading Challenge so children will earn points for their home reading, as recorded in their Reading Records. They can earn up to 5 points a week maximum.
- In school, your child will read individually and also as a regular activity during Literacy, using a range of texts and genres.
- Homework will be set on MS Teams.
- Login details should be the same as last year.
- Please upload completed homework on MS Teams.
- Spellings and Times Table practice will be uploaded each week.
- Homework will also sometimes include mini projects.
- Musical Instrument Tuition
- Our whole class will be learning to play the guitar with the Suffolk Music Service.
- If your child has extra music tuition during lesson time, they may occasionally need to bring home pieces of work to complete anything missed whilst they were having their music tuition.
- All stationary equipment is provided by the school therefore your child will not need to bring a pencil case into school.
- Please make sure that all items of clothing are clearly named.
- Water Bottles need to have a sports cap and are stored in the classroom; the children have access to them at any time.
- Please make sure that your child brings a coat to school as we head into winter.
We are very much looking forward to teaching your child this year. We hope it will be one of achievement and enjoyment.
Mrs Elliott-Duff, Mrs Salter and Miss Mullane.