Jellyfish - Year 4
Welcome to Year 4
A Few Notes on Life in Year 4
Mrs Campbell is the class teacher in Jellyfish class. Mrs Graham is our Teaching Assistant.
You can contact us via the school office or our class email.
Please be aware, this email address will only be attended to during office hours, Monday-Friday.
- PE day is Monday
- From February we are swimming each Monday.
- Pupils need their swimming costume, towel, named hat and £1 coin for the locker in a small bag
- Your child needs to bring his/her reading book and Reading Record to school every day.
- Children in Year 4 are expected to get into a daily reading habit of at least 5-10 minutes.
- Please make time to hear your child and read to them too. Talk to them about what they are reading to check their understanding of vocabulary and overall meaning.
- Children should maintain their own Reading Record, keeping it up to date.
- We will be running a Reading Challenge so children will earn points for their home reading, as recorded in their Reading Records. They can earn up to 5 points a week maximum.
- In school, your child will read individually and also as a regular activity during English, using a range of texts and genres.
- Homework will be set on MS Teams.
- Login details should be the same as last year.
- Please upload completed homework on MS Teams.
- Spellings and Times Table practice will be uploaded each week.
- Homework will also sometimes include mini projects.
- Musical Instrument Tuition
- If your child has extra music tuition during lesson time, they may occasionally need to bring home pieces of work to complete anything missed whilst they were having their music tuition.
- All stationary equipment is provided by the school therefore your child will not need to bring a pencil case into school.
- Please make sure that all items of clothing are clearly named.
- Water Bottles need to have a sports cap and are stored in the classroom; the children have access to them at any time.
- Please make sure that your child brings a coat to school as we head into winter.
We are very much looking forward to teaching your child this year. We hope it will be one of achievement and enjoyment.
Year 4 Spring Curriculum Leaflet
Jellyfish Online Behaviour Charter