Value & Ethos
A warm welcome from our Head Teacher, Revd Jo Gunn
Welcome to St Margaret’s Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School. Our school vision is:
Transforming lives by living and learning together in God's love
At St Margaret’s CEVA School the Christian faith is central to the work of the school and underpins all that we do. Our Christian values are the basis for our teaching and learning, and we provide a caring and supportive environment which prepares our pupils as confident learners. Visitors often comment on the happy and informal atmosphere in the school, which leads to a community spirit and high engagement with learning. The children have their own vision statement which is in every classroom 'Live, Love, Learn'. We are proud to have an 'excellent' SIAMS rating, the national Wellbeing for Schools Award, a School Games Gold award and most recently being recognised as a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion by IQM. We are proud of the pastoral love and care we give our staff and pupils, allowing them space to flourish and develop their God given skills.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school strives to preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. Our daily work is underpinned by the following verse which recognises that Christ is at the centre of all that we do.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
- Accept and value each individual for who they are
- Teach respect for all, regardless of differences or background
- Encourage children to care for one another and to be honest, unselfish and forgiving
- Instil a concern for truth
- Encourage each child to develop their full potential through the acquisition of skills knowledge and understanding
- Encourage children’s imagination to flourish and stimulate curiosity
- Teach an creative, balanced, aspiring, engaging and wide ranging curriculum
- Prepare children for the next stage of their lives
- Ensure gaps in cultural capital are filled
- Help children appreciate the wonder of God’s creation
- Involve children and staff in daily worship and prayer
- Commend the Christian faith to children
- Work in partnership with parents and carers
- Work in partnership with St Margaret’s Church and other local churches